SQL (Structured Query Language) is everywhere, and in today’s digitalized world with massive amounts of data being gathered every day and stored into a database, knowing how to program with SQL is imperative.
All SQL operations are classified into one of four general things you do to tables:
- Create/Put data into tables.
- Read data out of a table.
- Update data already in a table.
- Delete data from the table.
This has been given the acronym “CRUD” and is considered a fundamental set of features every data storage system must have.
Let’s take an analogy here… Let’s relate how SQL works by comparing it to a spreadsheet software like Excel:
- A database is a whole spreadsheet file.
- A table is a tab/sheet in the spreadsheet, with each one being given a name.
- A column is a column in both.
- A row is a row in both.
- SQL then gives you a language for doing CRUD operations on these to produce new tables or alter existing ones.
Whether you’re a marketer or an aspiring developer, SQL is a great language to learn…
Interested in SQL Career
Learn to become a fee-earning SQL developer in just seven weeks.
This fast, easy and effective course will take you from zero SQL writing skills to being able to make money as a SQL developer.
This one-stop-shot-style course will teach you everything you need to know, from learning various database concepts to writing SQL to interact with the database.
Throughout the course I will be using the below methodology to make you think and help in forming the SQL statement.